Runtime: 135 min.
Release: January 10, 2013
Director: Kim Sung-Hoon
Producer: Choi Nak-Kwon, Lee Joon-Taek
Writer: Ahn Ho-Gyung
Country: South Korea
A Wonderful Moment
Musical director Yoo Il-Han (Kim Rae-Won) is arrogant and has no qualms exaggerating the lengths of his talents. He was once a promising musical director, but, after the box-office failure of a big budget musical, he now works on children's musicals. Nevertheless, Yoo Il-Han dreams of one day working on Broadway in New York City. His big chance then arrives. A TV musical competition program is set out to select the main child actor for a big budget musical of King Jungjo from the Joseon Dynasty. The musical will be performed on Broadway.
- Filming began on March 25, 2012.
- Filming finished September 16, 2012 in Broadway, New York City. The last scene filmed involved character Yoo Il-Han (Kim Rae-Won) walking among the hustle and bustle on busy Broadway.
- Early working Korean title was "Dream," then changed to "Dream, My Little Hero," then changed to "Superstar" (but with the release of another Korean film titled "Superstar") the movie's Korean title was changed to "My Little Hero".
- Child actor Ji Dae-Han, who plays the Korean-Filipino boy, is actually half Korean-Sri Lankan.
- Movie performed poorly at the Korean box office. The movie sold a total of 183,650 tickets during its theatrical run.