Runtime: Mon & Tue 23:00
Release: February 5 - April 17, 2018
Director: Lee Chang-Min
Writer: Kim Ki-Ho, Song Ji-Eun, Song Mi-So
Country: South Korea
Kang Dong-Goo (Kim Jung-Hyun) dreams of becoming a movie director, but he is cynical due to bad luck. Cheon Joon-Ki (Lee Yi-Kyung) wanted to follow in his father's footsteps and become an actor, but he is now just a minor actor. Bong-Doo-Sik (Son Seung-Won) came to Seoul to become a scenario writer, but things have not been easy for him.
- "Welcome to Waikiki" takes over the JTBC Mon & Tue 23:00 time slot previously occupied by "Rain or Shine" and followed by "Clean With Passion For Now" April, 2018.
- Ryu Hwa-Young was first offered the major supporting role, but declined.
- Frst script reading took place December 18, 2017 at JTBC building in Sangam, Seoul, South Korea.
- "Welcome to Waikiki" has been extended from 16 to 20 episodes due to its popularity.
- Ep.11 and 12 will not air as originally planned on (Monday) March 12 and (Tuesday) March 13 and instead air a week later on March 19 and March 20. The one week delay is to allow time for better production. A special behind the scenes of "Welcome to Waikiki" will air on March 12 and March 13 that features behind the scenes footage and commentary by the performers.